UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has recently updated the release of the PVC-based Aadhaar cards. This Aadhaar card is easy to carry and is durable.
It will have a digitally signed secure QR code with photographs and demographic information equipped with many security features.
UIDAI says that even if your mobile number is not registered with the Aadhaar card, you can order this card. For more details please read the How to Request for PVC Aadhaar Card article.
The government if India, to address this problem, finally launched a PVC-based Aadhaar Card.
PVC stands for Polyvinyl Card, which looks similar to the size of a Debit or Credit Card. One can carry the PVC Aadhar card in their wallet easily because of its smaller size.
The first question in your mind is What are the charges for applying for the Online Aadhaar PVC Card?
The individual will have to pay a nominal fee of 50Rs (inclusive of GST and speed post charges) while ordering the PVC Aadhaar Card.
How to Request for PVC Aadhaar Card
Moreover, the citizens can avail of these portable-sized Update Aadhar Cards registering on the official portal residentpvc.uidai portal.
There are many features and benefits for PVC Aadhaar Card you can see below all features…
Features of the PVC Aadhaar Card
- It is more durable, convenient to carry
- It has good printing quality and it comes with lamination
- It has the latest security features including a hologram, Guilloche Pattern, ghost image & Microtext.
- The card is completely weather-proof.
- It contains the embossed Aadhaar logo.
Follow all steps step by step for request for PVC Aadhaar Card at residentpvc.uidai.gov.in
- First, visit https://uidai.gov.in or
- Click on the PVC આધાર કાર્ડ માટે ક્લિક કરો service. [Direct Link]
- Enter your 10-digit Aadhaar number (UID) or 16-digit Virtual Identification Number (VID) or 28-digit enrollment ID.
- Note the security code.
- Select the option of a registered number to get OTP. If the mobile number is not registered, fill in the optional number if available.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Tick ‘Terms and Conditions’ after approval. (Note: Click on the hyperlink and see the details)
- Click ‘Submit’ after completing the ‘OTP’ verification process.
- After clicking on ‘Make a payment’, you will be taken to the payment gateway, where you will get the option of Credit / Debit Card, Net Banking, and UPI.
- Receipt of payment will be successful, it will have a digital signature on it. You will get the service request number on SMS. You can use this number to track the process until the card is delivered.
Important Notes for Request PVC Aadhaar Card
- Order Aadhaar card by paying Rs 50/-(inclusive of GST & Speed post charges)
- Use your Aadhaar Number/Virtual Identification Number/EID to order an Aadhaar card.
- Aadhaar card comes with security features i.e. Digitally signed Secure QR code, Hologram, Ghost image, Guilloche pattern, etc.
PVC Aadhaar Card FAQ
What are the different forms of Aadhaar and what are their features?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced various forms of Aadhaar from time to time for the convenience of residents:
Can I choose to have and use any form of Aadhaar?
Yes. The residents can choose to have one or more forms of Aadhaar. The residents may also choose to use any form of Aadhaar as per their convenience. All forms of Aadhaar are equally valid as a proof of identity without giving any preference to one form of Aadhaar over the others.
What is “Order Aadhaar Card” service?
“Order Aadhaar Card” is a new service launched by UIDAI which facilitates the Aadhaar holder to get their Aadhaar details printed on PVC card by paying nominal charges. Residents who do not have registered mobile number can also order using Non-Registered /Alternate Mobile Number.
What are the security features of “Aadhaar PVC Card”?
This card contains security features like:
Secure QR Code
Issue Date & Print Date
Embossed Aadhaar Logo
What are the charges to be paid for “Aadhaar Card”?
Charges to be paid are Rs.50/- (Inclusive of GST & speed post charges).