Natural Farming popularly known as “do nothing” agriculture, natural farming is an environmentally sustainable way of growing food, founded not in technique but in the principle that an equitable relationship between farmer and nature should form the foundation of the farmer’s actions.
There are four Principles of organic farming Principle of health, he principle of ecological balance, Principle of fairness and Principle of care.
The principal methods of Nature Farming include crop rotation, green manures and compost, biological pest control, and mechanical cultivation. These measures use the natural environment to enhance agricultural productivity.
Zero budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) is a method of chemical-free agriculture drawing from traditional Indian practices.
It was originally launched by Maharashtrian agriculturist and Padma Shri recipient Subhash Palekar, who developed it in the mid-1990s as an alternative to the Green Revolution’s methods driven by chemical fertilizers and pesticides and intensive irrigation.
The State of Indian Agriculture
Now, the Indian agriculture sector has come to be dominated by the model pushed through during the Green Revolution in the 1960s. While there are different aspects to the Green Revolution, one major factor was the move away from self-sufficiency, towards increased inputs into a piece of farmland through irrigation, pesticides, fertilizers, and hybrid seeds that could not consistently breed well from generation to generation.
How ZBNF Works
Based on Mr. Palekar experience with both natural and chemical agriculture methods and his observation of nature, Mr.Palekar designed the following principles of Zero budget Natural Farming (ZBNF).
- Beejamrita, the treatment of seeds, seedlings or any planting material with a natural concoction to protect the crop from harmful soil borne and seed borne pathogens during the initial stages of growth.
- Jeevamrita, which is introduced once a fortnight into the farm to promote biological activity in the soil and make nutrients available to the crop.
- Mulching with organic residues to reduce tillage, suppress weeds, promote humus formation and enhance the soil’s water-holding capacity.
- Mixed cropping and cultivation of diverse species of crops depending on site-specific agro-climatic conditions, to buffer against total failure of a single crop and widen the income source of farmers.
Ikhedut Portal 2020-21 Yojana Gujarat
Now in the technology era we all are using the latest pieces of equipment in our day to day life. But when it comes to the farmers then the situation of the agricultural process is not much changed. Now Government Of Gujarat is taking the initiative to increase the technological needs of the farmers and make there life easy. The life of a farmer is very hard. Doing farming in the fields with conventional types of equipment is very time consuming and not giving results as expected.
Government Of Gujarat has started many government schemes but farmers do not get all details regarding newly launched government schemes. Now with the help of the Ikhedut Website farmers can know all the details regarding all the schemes which are started for the farmers.
Gujarat Ikhedut Portal Benefits
1. Ikhedut portal is online and a single-window online website to get latest information about regrading different schemes.
2. Farmers have no need to worry about the details on any current schemes and they don’t even need to go to different portal to apply for the various schemes.
3. By Ikhedut Portal easy and fast implementation of the various scheme is possible as there is not any middle man in this website.
4. This portal is available to farmers 24X7. The farmer can apply in this portal at any time.
5. This portal is helpful to know the market price of the various items.
Input Dealers Details of the Portal
- Gujarat Agro Industries Dealers
- Dealers of Gujarat Seed Corporation
- G. S. F. C. Gypsum dealers
- Other at source dealers
- Empaned vendors for components
- Empaned vendors for pesticides and fertilizer ingredients
Documents Required for Registration of Gujarat Ikhedut Portal
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Voter id Card
- Address Proof
- Land Proof.
- Bank Account Details.
How to Check Status on Gujarat Ikhedut Portal?
1. First Go to the official portal of the Ikhedut.
2. Click on the application status options.
3. Now select the type of plan and receipt number or application number
4. Click on view application status than the status will be shown on screen.
How to Apply For the Tractor Subsidy on Ikhedut Portal?
The farmers will get a 25% subsidy or Rs.45,000 for 40 horsepower Tractor Subsidy on Ikhedut Portal. For 60 HSP tractor, the farmer will get 25% or Rs.60,000 for it. The farmers can apply ongoing schemes in the portal.
This portal helps the farmers to get the information about the various farmers schemes, daily market price are very easily and it may save lots of time of the farmers which can be utilized in other ways of farming. There are different schemes launched by the Government of Gujarat for the welfare of farmers. Gujarat Ikhedut Portal provides details about the different schemes launched by the Gujarat government for the farmers. It is an online website where farmers can get details about farming, Farming, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry,Land and Water Conservation and Fisheries