The government of India has introduced a pension scheme for unorganized workers namely Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) to ensure old age protection for Unorganised Workers.
Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM-SYM) – Pension Scheme for Unorganised Workers. All details available in this article.
Unorganized workers Like home-based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washermen, rickshaw pullers, landless laborers, own-account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio-visual workers and similar other occupations whose monthly income is Rs 15,000/ per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18-40 years.
- Should be an unorganized worker (UW)
- Entry age between 18 and 40 years
- Monthly Income ₹15000 or below
- Should not be
- engaged in Organized Sector (membership of EPF/NPS/ESIC)
- an income taxpayer
- He/ She should possess
- Aadhar card
- Savings Bank Account / Jan Dhan account number with IFSCComplete Enrolment Process
- PM-SYM Apply Link [maandhan.in]
- Self Enrollment (using Mobile number & OTP)
- CSC VLE (using CSC connect) : Quick Guide PDF Link
How to Apply PM-SYM
Step 1: Interested eligible person shall visit nearest CSC center.
Step 2: Following are the prerequisites for the enrollment process:
Aadhaar CardSavings/Jan Dhan Bank Account details along with IFSC Code ( Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account )
Step 3: Initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
Step 4: The VLE will key in the Aadhaar number, Name of subscriber and Date of birth as printed on aadhaar card for authentication.
Step 5: The VLE will complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email Address, Spouse (if any) and Nominee details will be captured.
Step 6: Self-certification for eligibility conditions will be done.
Step 7: System will auto calculate the monthly contribution payable according to age of the Subscriber.
Step 8: The subscriber will pay the 1st subscription amount in cash to the VLE.
Step 9: Enrollment cum Auto Debit mandate form will be printed and will be further signed by the subscriber. VLE will scan the same and upload it into the system.
Step 10: A unique Shram Yogi Pension Account Number (SPAN) will be generated and Shram Yogi Card will be printed.
- Each subscriber under the PM-SYM, shall receive minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
- if the subscriber dies, the spouse of the subscriber shall be entitled to receive 50% family pension.
Pradhan mantri shram yogi maan-dhan yojana apply online: Government of India has introduced a pension scheme for unorganised workers namely Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan- dhan (PM-SYM)