You can update/change the demographic details on your Aadhaar card online anytime-anywhere through the official UIDAI website. However, your mobile number should be linked with your Aadhaar card to avail the update/correction facility online.
You might want to make changes to the existing information on your Aadhaar card due to name change, change of address and/or mobile number, data errors, and more. Therefore, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has made provisions for cardholders to request corrections in their Aadhaar data. The Aadhaar card details can be updated through the UIDAI’s online portal or by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centres located across the country.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Online?
The Aadhar update can be done online by following a simple process. However, you must ensure that your mobile number is updated with the UIDAI. Let’s assume you wish to update your residence address on your Aadhaar card. Follow the below-mentioned steps to initiate the update:
- Step 1: Visit the official UIDAI website, i.e uidai.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Update your Address Online’ tab.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Proceed to Update Address’.
- Step 4: Input the Aadhaar card number. You may also choose to enter the Virtual ID.
- Step 5: Finish by entering the captcha code. Click on ‘Enter’. You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter the OTP.
- Step 6: Once you log in, select the option for updating your address. Enter all the data pertaining to your address details and confirm the same.
- Step 7: You must then attach the address proof document that will help the UIDAI officials validate your request.
- Step 8: After submitting the update request, you will receive the URN (Update Request Number). The URN can be used to track the process of your Aadhaar card update.
How to Update Aadhaar Card Details by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
If you do not prefer to use the online mode to update your Aadhaar details, you can also choose the offline mode. To request the update in the online mode, you must visit an official Aadhaar Enrolment Centre. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the Aadhaar card offline:
- Step 1: Request the operator at the centre to provide you an application form.
- Step 2: Enter the requisite details in the form.
- Step 3: Submit the required documents to support your aadhar card correction.
- Step 4: Once you submit the form and the documents, you have to pay a sum of ₹25.
- Step 5: The operator will then provide you with an acknowledgement slip. The slip must be maintained as proof to review the status of the update.
How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card?
You can update the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar card by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Visit your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- Step 2: Fill out and submit the relevant application form which you will find at the centre. Make sure that you correctly mention the new mobile number.
- Step 3: You will be provided with an acknowledgement slip. Your details shall be updated shortly.
Note: The mobile number linked with your Aadhaar can not be updated online via the UIDAI website.
How to Update Aadhar Card Using mAadhaar Application
With the goal of reaching out to large numbers of smartphone users, the new mAadhaar is released by the Unique Identification Authority of India. The App features an array of Aadhaar services and a personalized section for the Aadhaar holder who can carry their Aadhaar information in form of a soft copy, instead of carrying a physical copy all the time.
The key features in mAadhaar:
Multilingual : In order to ensure the Aadhaar Services are accessible to linguistically diverse residents of India, the menu, button labels and form fields are provided in English as well as in 12 Indian languages (Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu). After installation, the user will be prompted to select any of the preferred languages. However, the input fields in the forms will accept data entered in the English language only. This is done to help the user avoid facing the challenges of typing in regional languages (due to limitations in the mobile keyboards).
Universality: Resident with or without Aadhaar can install this App in their smart phones. However to avail personalized Aadhaar services the resident will have to register their Aadhaar Profile in the App.
Aadhaar Online Services on Mobile: The mAadhaar user can avail the featured services for themselves as well as for any other resident seeking Aadhaar or related help. The functionalities are broadly grouped as :
Main Service Dashboard: Direct access to download Aadhaar, Order a Reprint, Address Update, Download offline eKYC, Show or Scan QR Code, Verify Aadhaar, Verify mail/email, retrieve UID/EID, Request for Address Validation Letter
Request Status Services: To help resident check the status of various online requests.
My Aadhaar: This is a personalized section for Aadhaar holder where the resident will not have to enter their Aadhaar number to avail Aadhaar services. In addition, this section also provides facilities for the resident to lock/unlock their Aadhaar or Biometric Authentication.
Aadhaar Locking – Aadhaar holder can lock their UID/Aadhaar number anytime they wish.
Biometric locking/unlocking secures biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once the resident enables the Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.
TOTP generation – Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password that can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
Update of profile – To updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder helps Aadhaar users share their password-protected eKYC or QR code for safe and paperless verification.
Multi-profile: Aadhaar holder can include multiple (up to 3) profiles (with the same registered mobile number) in their profile section.
Aadhaar Services on SMS ensures Aadhaar holder avail of Aadhaar services even when there is no network. This needs SMS permission.
Locate the Enrollment Center helps the user find the nearest Enrolment Center.
These are the documents which are accepted as a proof for correcting/updating Aadhaar card details and the cardholder should make sure that the documents which he/she is attaching to the correction form should validate the changes made by him/her.